Pride High Discussion Board Forum Index Pride High Discussion Board
School is in session!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homophone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pride High Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Comics & Cartoons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalebert
Freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Homophone Reply with quote

http://www.gradedbutedible.com/archive/archive_070908.html
Swarmee
Prospective Student

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Greetings from Grade D But Edible! Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm Swarmee, the webmaster for Grade D But Edible. I see you've found our site and enjoyed thatzac's work enough to share it with others, which is fantastic! We always appreciate it when others get a kick out of what we do and spread the word.

The problem is that you've hotlinked to our image, as in it's being served directly from our site. It's nice that you included a link to us, but the problem is when images are shared in this way we end up paying all of the bandwidth costs without most people who load the image actually coming to our site. It's a labor of love and our ads don't cover much of the expense of hosting, so every visit counts for us.

I'd appreciate it if you could edit your post to just be a link directly to the archive page for this comic here: http://www.gradedbutedible.com/archive/archive_070908.html

Thanks for the interest, we hope people take a few minutes to check us out, we've been up for over a year and are getting close to 200 comics in the archive!

Regards,
Swarmee
Dalebert
Freshman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Tommy or another administrator saw this already and corrected it. As a comic strip producer myself, I appreciate the desire for people to see my work on my site as well so I of course respect the request. I would have corrected it if someone else hadn't already by the time I saw it.

Just as an FYI- I don't mind if people hot link my comic strips but that's probably an exception to the general rule that you shouldn't presume that it's OK, a mistake I made. I'm grateful for any promotion and I guess I hope that new people will discover the comic and visit my site to check out the archives.
Swarmee
Prospective Student

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Dalebert, we really do appreciate the publicity, but I just prefer to not have people hotlink images.

What's your web comic? I'd love to check it out and if thatzac (the artist) likes it we can set up a link exchange if you're interested. Very Happy
Dalebert
Freshman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swarmee wrote:
No problem Dalebert, we really do appreciate the publicity, but I just prefer to not have people hotlink images.

What's your web comic? I'd love to check it out and if thatzac (the artist) likes it we can set up a link exchange if you're interested. Very Happy

Mine is Anarchy In Your Head. I've been meaning to set up a links page but have procrastinated. Confused I will get on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pride High Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Comics & Cartoons All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: